The Wade Chapel is available from April 1st through November 15th, seven days a week, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Please note that the Chapel is not available on the following dates:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend
- Halloween Weekend
- Presidential Wreath Laying Ceremony
For the safety of all guests, weddings will be scheduled no later than 4:00 p.m. Evening gate closures are strictly observed (April 1-October 31, gates close at 7:30 p.m.; November 1st-March 31st, gates close at 5:30 p.m.). Wedding party and guests should plan to leave the grounds thirty minutes before gate closure.
The fee to rent Wade Memorial Chapel is $1,500, which includes one hour for rehearsal (on the day of your choosing) and two hours the day of the ceremony. A non-refundable $500 deposit is required when booking your date, with the balance due no later than 30 days prior to the ceremony.
- Wade Chapel is able to hold 60 people comfortably, with a maximum occupancy of 80. Entrance to the Chapel includes a handicap-accessible ramp.
- Parking is available in the adjacent paved lot. In addition, guests may park on the asphalt roadways around the Chapel.
- Neither dressing rooms nor restroom facilities are available in the Chapel. Guests may use the restrooms at the Community Mausoleum or Division A Building. A separate dressing area moments from the Wade Chapel may be arranged, subject to availability.
- Please note that one traditional unity candle is the only open flame that can be used. Flameless candles and floral arrangements may be used with prior approval. Because of the fragile and priceless nature of the materials used to construct Wade Chapel, decorations may not be attached to the Chapel walls, doors, altar rails, or pews. Please note that any decorating will need to be accomplished during the rental period. If extra time is required for decorations or clean up, additional fees may apply.
- Petals or other items may not be strewn inside of Wade Chapel; nor may rice, birdseed, or confetti be thrown outside of the Chapel or anywhere on the grounds.
- Smoking and eating are strictly prohibited in the Chapel; alcoholic beverages are not permitted anywhere on the Cemetery grounds.
- We ask that guests refrain from honking their car horns as they leave, and at all times bear in mind that Lake View is an active cemetery, where burials and other services are held. All guests should remember to be respectful of services and other visitors at all times.
Both photography and videography are permitted inside of the Chapel during the 3-hour rental period.
Advance permission must also be gained to take wedding photos on the Cemetery grounds. Permission to visit specific locations may be altered after review of the daily burial schedule. A Lake View Cemetery staff member must be present to supervise any photography on the grounds.
Lake View Cemetery will provide, at no additional cost, one employee to assist during the ceremony. Attendants are also interpretive guides, able to answer questions about the Cemetery and the Chapel’s history and design.
Lessees shall accept sole responsibility in ensuring that use of the Chapel is done in a safe and legal manner. Neither the Lake View Cemetery Foundation nor Cemetery Association is responsible for damage or loss of any rented equipment, personal possessions, or other valuables, left at an event.